Although I personally do not recommend and do not like to install Windows on Mac (Because MacOS is so great). However, depending on personal purposes, many people are still forced to install Windows on Mac.
Currently, there are many ways to install Windows on Mac.
I have a tutorial on how to install Windows on Mac using Bootcamp and Veertu Desktop (Wmware Fusion will have detailed instructions later)
Today I will show you how to install Windows on Mac using Parallels Desktop. An application that helps install Windows on Mac which in my opinion is the best, most powerful, easiest… in general, number 1 today!.
Let’s get started!
I. Install windows on Mac: Prepare:
- To install windows on Mac using Parallels Desktop you need to prepare the following:
- Windows installation files. In this article, I will guide you to install Windows 10. The latest Windows 10 Creator installer can be downloaded here: Windows 10 creator update buil 1703
Or the latest version here: Win10_1909_English_x64
- Parallels Desktop 15 software you download here: Parallels Desktop 15
- Bonus for you Windows 10 Crack tool (use after successful installation): www.fshare.vn/file/H78CNZTR68F4
II. Install Windows on Mac: Installation process.
1. Install Parallels Desktop.
- After downloading Parallels Desktop. You mount it and run the file Install To install and proceed with the installation as usual, just click next, enter the device password and then click next. This part has nothing to pay attention to, so I won’t go into details
Note: When running the installation file and encountering an update request, close it, and select No, use current
2. Install Windows on Mac using Parallels Desktop.
2.1. Open Parallels Desktop. Select Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file then press Continue
2.2. Select Select a file and Find where to put the file Windows 10 download in part I
I left the windows 10 file on the Desktop, so I will Browse to the Desktop to select it
2.3 After selecting the Windows 10 ISO file is complete. Press continue
2.4 This step you stick to select Express installation and remove the stick mark at This version requires a product key go and press Continue (same picture)
2.5 This step Paralles Desktop requires you to choose a priority purpose for installing Windows so that the software can optimize itself. You choose the right purpose of your preference (for example: Programming, Design, Games…). After selecting, continue to press Continue2.6 You can name this step as you like. Choose where to store the virtual machine… At this step, remember to stick it in Customize setttings before installation to be able to configure the virtual machine before installing windows. Continue pressing continue
2.7 Windows Customize Hardware appear. Here you can adjust the CPU multiplier, Ram capacity as well as the hard drive you want to share for the virtual machine running Windows. My machine has 16gb ram, so I share 8gb for Parallels Desktop. You can customize it to your liking or leave the default (Parallels has also made the most optimal choice for the use you choose above). After selecting, close the Customize window
2.8 Paralles Desktop lets you review basic information about the virtual machine configuration you have set up. If it looks ok, press continue to start installing Windows or press Configure to choose again
2.9 After clicking Continue. Paralles Requires you to install Parallels Toolbox. You click Install Now to install. Parallels Toolbox is very useful for the process of using Windows. The software supports copy and paste from Mac to Windows easily, sharing the desktop of both….
After Paralles Toolbox is installed. Click done to start installing Windows
2.10 At this step you choose Windows 10 Pro then click Next
2.11 Windows installation begins. This step happens pretty quickly if your machine runs an SSD. My Macbook Pro Retina 2015 only takes about 5 minutes.
The virtual machine will restart a few times
The installation is almost complete.
Here it is considered completed. In the above step, I installed Parallels Toolbox, so the files on my Mac’s Desktop are displayed on the Desktop of the virtual machine that has just been installed (But the Screenshoot file I took to write this article)
III. Install Windows on Mac: Some notes during use
- After installation is complete. In the process of using it, you may have some problems with the running modes of Parallels Desktop. As follows:
+ After starting Parallels and selecting Windows 10 (Just installed above) You look at the upper left hand corner, there will be buttons as shown:
You notice the following 2 buttons: Green button and blue. (the other 2 buttons are minimize and close not to mention).
- When you the green button. Windows on Parallels Desktop will go into run mode Attachmentor Glue (Coherence). That means Windows will link to your MacOS like a Mac software. Clicking on the Windows 10 screen will be like clicking the Start button, pressing Command E will open Windows Explore right on the Mac
- When you blue button: Now Parallels will run windows in Full Screen Mode. To exit Full Screen Mode, press the key combination. Control + Command + F
In addition, there is another running mode called Modality Mode – View all virtual machines and programs running in a transparent window on Mac. You can switch between these 3 modes by clicking on the Windows 10 icon under the . bar Dock and choose View > Select mode
- You can completely copy files between Mac and Windows easily by simply copying and pasting (if the above step includes Parallels Toolbox.
Wish you all success – Maclife.vn