Perhaps some people will have trouble installing Driver for the most popular office printer Canon 2900. I would like to introduce to you how to install Driver for canon 2900 printer on Mac in the simplest way.
First download the file below and install
Then download the following file and install it
Then restart the machine.
– Next install the printer as usual, everyone will see LBP2900 in Canon’s driver list
Instructions for installing Canon LBP 2900 printer on Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10
1. Open System Preferences → Printers and scanners and remove the printer Canon LBP2900 previously installed or available there
2. Restart the computer.
3. Download and Setting driver CAPT Printer Driver Ver.3.80 for Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10 (Updated on : June 23, 2015) using the link below:
Or download the file you have pre-downloaded and reup it on Fshare here:
4. Restart the computer.
5. Download and Setting patch for Canon LBP 2900 using the following link:
6. Restart the computer.
7. Open System Preferences → Printers and scanners and connect to the printer via USB with the driver option Cannon LBP2900 (CAPT) or Cannon LBP2900 (CAPTuk).
8. Enjoy the results!
Update 2017: The above 2 ways do not apply on macOS Sierra onwards. If you are running macOS Sierra, follow these instructions:
Detailed instructions on how to install Canon 2900, 3000 Drivers on macOS Sierra 10.12